Make your own Papier Mache Bowl!
What you will need:
- Plastic Wrap
- 2 Plastic Bowl
- Make sure you cover your work area with plastic wrap or something you can get paint and glue on.
- Use your ruler to measure and cut your newspaper into 1 inch strips.
- Turn one bowl upside down and cover it in plastic wrap.
- In the other bowl, mix the glue with half the amount of water as there is glue. It should still be colored but runny.
- Dip the newspaper strips one at a time in the glue, squeeze off the excess between two fingers.
- Lay the strip over the bowl, touching the edge at one side. Continue this all the way around the bowl, overlapping the strips very slightly.
- Once the bowl is completely covered, add two rows of strips around the bowl form the edge. This makes sure that the whole bowl is covered in two layers.
- Leave to dry for more than 24 hours.
- Very gently and carefully, pry the edge of the papier mache away from the plastic bowl and lift off.
- Paint the inside of your bowl and leave to dry overnight.
- Turn over and paint the outside.
- When it is completely dry you can decide if you want a second coat.
You can download our instruction sheet here and follow along.