As our schools and teachers prepare for the long closure mandated by Governor Inslee, Two Waters would like to offer some suggested educational art projects that students and parents can do at home. While we will miss seeing all our students, we hope everyone stays safe and healthy during these crazy times. There couldn’t be a better time to learn a new skill, work on a project you have been putting off, or just spend some quality time with family. We will all get through this together!
Below are some activities available online throughout our art community. Many organizations are eager to continue arts education while our nation continues to promote healthy distancing. We will continue to post as more ideas become available.
- ArtGames 2.0
- Draw with Rob Biddulph
- Eric Rhodes’s daily Streaming Art Videos
- Metropolitan Museum of Art – #metkids
- Micheals Boredom Buster Projects
- Museum of Glass Craft Projects
- NASA makes their media library available to everyone
- National Gallery of Art – NGAkids Art Zone
- Read-Alouds by various authors
- Stephen Foster Elementary’s suggestions for Free Virtual Filed Trips
- Tate Kids
- TWAA’s Art of Doodling
- Virtual Tours of many Museums
In addition, each week we will highlight projects that can be done with supplies most families will have around their house. Feel free to browse our Pinterest Boards for additional ideas. We will be adding more throughout the school closures. Feel free to reach out to us if there are any questions or suggestions for future projects.
Check out some easy suggested projects below.